Saturday, October 9, 2010

10/08/2010 (Fri) - Friday Night Movie

We walked to the office to pick up our mail today and really there was not all that much to get.  What I really mean is I did not get one bill.  Did get a notice from my doctor that I do not have to worry about being a boneless chicken as my bones are still holding together.  Now how good is that.

Jim and I went to 'Camping World' to pick up a few things that we needed.  You know you can not buy anything for your RV unless it's at the dealership or a speciality place like Camping World.  Yes they have you.  Not even a light bulb.  We picked up bulbs and a grill for the air-conditioner as a clip broke on it.  No such thing as a replacement clip. 

Other than that we did nothing today.  I actually took a nap.  Later in the day we went across the street to have happy hour with our new friends Don and Sarah (I'm trying hard not to refer to them as the dancing couple.)  We then ended the evening by going to the Friday night movie which was '28 Days.'  Not the best I've ever seen but okay.

I did manage to walk around the park and take pictures of what Sun Life has to offer.   Sun Life is one of many parks owned by CalAm.  I'm totally sure I did not get everything.  One thing I did not take a pic of is the computer room and that has around 20 computers in it.  Another one is the Activities Hall which is very large.  I know there is a boccie court and a horseshoe court but I did not see them.  I also think there is a woodworking shop but have not located that either.  The park has around 750 sites with most of them being park models.  Everewhere you look the total park is spotless.  Nothing is a mess, everything is so very neat.  No grass but a totally different landscape that is very appealing.  They do have a number of workampers as Don and Sarah are one of many.  Sarah and her committee handle the decorating for the events here at Sun Life.  So here goes:

Wall of Mail Boxes.  We're in there someplace.

Card Room

Another Card Room

Library

Pool Room with a dozen tables

Hot tub with pool behind it
Also has an outdoor stage for entertainers

Outdoor kitchen that serves meals that you can buy.  This is by the pool area, and this whole area is just beautiful.

This is known as the Fun Area. It's where we watched the movie last night.

Just a HUGE Laundry

Outdoor fire pit area

One of Two Shuffleboard Courts

Street by the Activity Complex

And our lonely street with very few people here yet.

So this is it for today. The only other thing I can say is GO BLUE.   Jim would be telling you to GO GREEN.  Should make for an interesting game tomorrow as Michigan and Michigan State are playing football.

No comments:

Post a Comment