Friday, October 22, 2010

10/21/2010 (Thur) - Oktoberfest Party

At nine this morning I was kicking up my heals line dancing.  I am just not good at all, but I'll keep trying and maybe some day I'll get the hang of it.  They are starting a beginner's line dancing class and I am for sure going to switch.  For a person who does not like to exercise I tell myself this is my exercise program.

After line dancing, Pam and I helped decorate the activity room for the Oktoberfest Party.  In my humble opinion I thought it looked just great.  Pam and I did not do all that much but the total look was wonderful. 
Decorations

Sort of the focal point of the decorations

Our table before we got there
While I was doing this Jim hopped into the truck and took his daughter out to lunch.  We both got back to the 5th wheel close to the same time.

The Oktoberfest party started, if you can believe this, at 5:30pm.  Now that is early in any one's book.  We did have a good meal (food again) and the beer for the entire evening was included in the ticket price.  There was a two piece band and they did a great job of mixing the music for those that liked slow dances and those that liked faster ones.

Us at our table

The beer mug behind me was about eight feet tall and fastened to the wall with Velcro.  All the decorations move from one Cal Am park to another.  The decorations used for the Oktoberfest here will be packed and taken to the next park by morning time.
  Jim and I left around 8:00pm.  Pam and I returned at 9:30pm so we could help pack the decorations for the move tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment