Monday, September 27, 2010

9/27/2010 (Mon) - Hotter than Hot

We have made a decision to head out tomorrow for Bakersfield, CA to visit Jim's sister.  The heat here is just out of control.  We are leaving the 5th wheel here and just taking the truck so we can make it there in one day.   We plan to stay maybe four days then head to Lake Havasu City for a day as I want to see the London Bridge. 

I tell you it's a good thing one of my life skills is being flexible as I certainly have to be.   We had originally planned to stop to see Jim's sister on our way down from the west coast so this is sort of in our plans anyway.  Now it's just a 500 mile detour.  I have us mostly packed to go because how much effort is it to pack shorts and tops.  None.  It's to hot to get creative.  Will be nice to spend time with Ruth.

We did go to Home Depot and purchased some insulation material to put up in the windows.  It's that silvery stuff that is reflective and gosh the windows are almost normal.  Before you could hardly touch the inside framing.  I think it will help but the only thing is, no light can come thru the windows now.  But at least it's not as hot.  When it cools down to 90 we can just remove it.

With the '3 month plus package' we booked when we got here, we have our choice of four events that are included in that price.  The only one I know I want to go to is the Oktoberfest but beyond that I just don't know.

We finally have decent wifi as we ordered it and they came to take care of it tonight.  Good price too, first month free, every month after that $33.00 stop anytime.  Certainly will work for us.  This is so much better as the park wifi is beyond slow.  

I'm beat tonight not because I've done anything but the heat just zaps it out of a person.  No pics today just to hot to go out.  Will be taking pics tomorrow for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment