Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Hopefully Good News

How did Minot get it's name.  Seems the folks in town were wondering what they should call their little town.  They went back and forth and finally someone came up with.... are you ready for this.  "Why not Minot!  Is this a true story, I have no idea but it sounds logical to me.
Yup We're in Minot!
Yes, we are still in Minot.  The truck is still in the Ford garage but it is really in the garage now not just in their parking lot.  It is in the diagnostic center as I write this.  I thought only the medical profession used that word.  We are hoping we heard something yet today.

This is the Ford Garage that has the "Truck"
The RV park we are in is part of a business that is a dealership for Holiday Rambler Rv's.  We toured a bunch of class c motor homes just for something to do.  Most of the ones we saw needed to have a woman design them as they are not user friendly at all.
The city of Minot
With our rented car we did go out to dinner last night and I was glad to be out.  I mean really glad.  Today we toured the town and stopped at a Barnes and Nobel Bookstore and yes, I bought a book.  Another Lee Child I had not read. 
This was not a very large airport

When we were driving past this airport I did not see any planes as we know them, but I did see a few rather large one passenger flying birds.

Nice looking university

Notice how the car matches the 5th wheel
Well after we got back from our little tour of Minot we received this marvelous phone call.  The truck is fixed.  I mean they said it runs.  So we took the car back to the rental place.  Great place to rent a car they even took us to the Ford garage.  After checking out with the 'cashier' we got into the truck AND IT STARTED.  YIPPEE. The true test will be if it starts tomorrow.  But we are closing everything up with the thought we are leaving in the morning.  Actually Jim is outside right now washing the windows as they were really dirty. 

We have decided to head to Glacier National Park and from there go south.  Well that is if the truck is truly repaired.

No comments:

Post a Comment