Monday, November 1, 2010

11/1/2010 (Mon) - Monday Happenings

Had just a fun time today helping Pam at the Val Vista Village Country Store.  We arrived at 7:30am and by 8:30am we were all set up and ready and waiting for the customers. The Country Store was held in the Activity Hall and there were quite a few tables set up with vendors.    . 

Three of the candle warmers
For those of you who have not heard of Scentsy, it's a flameless, wickless candle holder/warmer that is lit by a single low wattage bulb, and the top holds a bit of wax that melts and puts out just amazing smells.  The holders have a cord that you plug into the wall and an on off switch.  Very very safe.  Really was fun as it is one of those products that you really don't have to sell, because it sort of sells it's self.  It is early in the season for the resort people but we did a pretty brisk business.  But most of all it was just plain fun.

Of course the Scentsy booth was not the only booth there so I walked around and found these really cute cute sundaes.  There were also ice cream cones and chocolate cakes, and listen to this all were made out of towels.  I asked the ladies selling them to show me how they did it.  They said it was a well kept secret and if they showed me, they would have to kill me.  So I figured that I should just let this one go.  But you have to admit these are really cute.

Can you believe this is really a dish towel
And to think I thought it was a sundae.

Another cute cute sundae
Don't even try to undue these.

Another wonderful part about helping Pam is that she took me out to lunch.  This is looking better all the time.  Have fun and get rewarded with lunch.  My kind of job.

So this being Monday the 4-6pm happy hour with music was being held at the pool area.  We went for for a while, came back home for dinner, and then left to play Farkel with friends.  Loosing my touch as I only won one game.

No comments:

Post a Comment