Monday, December 20, 2010

12/16/2010 (Thur) - Christmas Gathering

Today we drove to the north side of Phoenix to have a Christmas get together with Jim's daughter. It was wonderful especially because I got the best gift ever. Being a little older, there really isn't much that I want that I haven't already purchased or have been given. So when asked what I wanted, I just said you know what, why not give a gift in my name to an organization that is in need. So Jim's daughter went on line and bought chickens from a place called Heifer International. Yes chickens, and the neat thing about this is that they will be shipped to a depressed village that is in need. The only requirement is that whoever gets the chickens will share their knowledge of how to raise chickens and also give one or two of the chicken's offsprings to another needy person in a village. It's kind of like chickens that keep on giving. I love it. It's the perfect gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment