Tuesday, August 31, 2010

We're Off (August 31, 2010)

Big day today!  We left Spring Lake's Tanglefoot RV Park on our journey west.  As I said before the first stop was at 9:00am at Quality RV to have the brakes greased and checked.  That only took three and a half hours.  That was Jim's job.  I had left at seven thirty to get a couple of errands done.  I met Jim for breakfast and after that we just sort of bummed around until noon.  We did get the car washed and I am wondering why, as I drove it down the dirt road to the farm house and of course it was all dusty.  So once I stored it I cleaned it off.  Those jobs being done we left Muskegon.

My first barn shot. 
We drove 247 miles today but at least we are on our way.  We are staying at the Indian River RV Campground and of course it is in Indian River, MI really only about 30 miles from the "big bridge."   It's right off I 75 and is very user friendly.  Bit pricey at $36.00 per night but we have air.....yes it's very warm here like 92 degrees out.   I am thinking you will not see many pictures until we get farther out west as right now all I am seeing is trees. 
I just liked these colors. 

The day was gorgeous out, well maybe not out, but inside the truck it was cooler and the sky was just like I like it. Big puffy clouds with a deep blue sky. A bit too bright for pics tho. I've include a few I took. Did I ever tell you I love taking pics of barns. You'll know that by the time we are out west.
Saw this tiny log home.  Cute huh.

No comments:

Post a Comment